2019 has come and gone
Gosh I've been a bit slack with this Blog.... (note to self in the future, update often lol)
2019 has come and gone, and what a busy year I have had with birthday parties, school holiday shows at Johnsonville Shopping Centre, Te Papa, The Mall Upper Hutt, Holiday Programmes, and countless events and Kindergartens and Childcare Centres.
I toured with my educational show taking it to Whanganui, Palmerston North, Hawkes Bay, and South Taranaki, which was well received.
Over the Summer Season I’ve been entertaining the children on The Interislander - “ARATERE“.
This is always a great contract and the staff really look after me. This season we had great sailings and it was lovely to meet some of the new staff as well as catch up with the old staff (if you pardon the pun lol).
I worked at the Tauherenikau races in Featherston on January 2nd and February 6th, Waitangi Day, a regular gig I’ve had for the past 20 years.
After that I did a stint across 23 libraries for The Summer Reading Programme, from Featherston through to Gisborne, performing a carnival themed show. This show was very well received by everyone. Following this I spent a weekend working at Splash Planet in Hastings, which is always fun.
When the children went back to school in February I had a few weeks off to relax and catch up with everything at home. I’m an avid gardener so I spent many hours in my lovely garden.
I received the feedback below from the Aratere last week which I’ve put out for you to see. As a performer it’s always nice to receive feedback.
- My daughters love Zappo's show and the balloon flower they received, the park was great and the colouring competition was brilliant.
- My children were too old for the playground, but the youngest loved Zappo.
- My son loved Zappo! The kids area in my ship was pretty good.
- Great to see playground, colouring comp and even on board entertainment with Zappo the Magician. I saw the Instagram ads to find 6 images on board, great! Movie too, tick.
- I was impressed that Zappo the Magician was on-board my trip from Picton to Wellington. He has always been great with kids.
- The magic show by Zappo and free balloons was awesome, the playground and kids TV are great.
- Zappo the Magician made it the best trip yet.
- Zappo the Magician was wonderful.
- Zappo the magician was hilarious and made the journey extra special!
- Zappo was a genius, he entertained our group of littlies really well probably needed some back up to get through the workload however all was accomplished and littlies all very happy indeed with their magical balloons.
- Zappo was a well-received bonus.
Thursday 5th of March 2020